Saturday, June 14, 2014

Street Food

May 19, 2014

Since the name of my blog is "It's About the Food", you would expect there to be a lot of posts about food, right?  I agree.  Unfortunately in China, the food just wasn't memorable for me.  I'm a bit of a food snob.  But after our tour of the Yuyuan Garden, we wandered around in the markets around the entrance waiting to rejoin Jack's Group, and I was intrigued by the little storefronts selling what I guess would best be called street food.  I wanted to try some, but David pointed out it was almost time for our lunch, so I didn't.  As I learned shortly, it was only 10 AM, and he really didn't want me to try the street food, as he was concerned about the sanitation.  I think the tiny octopus would have been really tasty after dipped in batter and deep fried, and I wish I had tried the soup dumplings (with the straw to extract the soup).  By the way, this place is right next door to Starbucks.






No comments:

Post a Comment